What is KBCC Educational Foundation ?
The KBCC Educational Foundation is a project initiated by the Church Council of the Korle-Bu Community Chapel and adopted by the AGM in December 2011 to provide funding and other educational related activities for "Needy but academically good students". The Foundation shall also provide Guidance and Counselling services for beneficiaries and other interested persons in the church.
Our aims and objectives
Limitations of the Scheme
- The Scheme shall be limited to post-basic education.
- Second cycle level ie vocational and Technical Institutes, Senior High School.
- Tertiary level, ie Polytechnics, collages of Education, Universities, up to undergraduate level.
- Special consideration could be made for good but needy children whose parents suffer some mishap eg. death of one parent, loss of job etc.
- Applicants from private institutions are not eligible
- Financial assistance shall be at rates obtainable in government institutions at the two levels & for one child per family
Eligibility and Beneficiary Definition
Maximum score of Fifteen (15) for J.H.S in BECE.
Maximum score of Twenty (20) for S.H.S in WASSSCE.
A continuing student with consistent performance of 65% or more in classroom work/examinations.
A maximum grade point average of 55% or 2nd Lower range.
A person shall be considered eligible if the one has been a regular church member (not visitor) for not less than twenty-four(24 months.
Parents / guardians should have proven financial difficulty in providing the educational necessities of the child/ward
DURATION OF AWARD
This shall be for the full duration of the course, but will be subject to annual review.